Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chelsea Smith visits Tennessee!

Well, I have been meaning to write this post for a couple of weeks now... Every time I sit down to write about my wonderful week with Chelsea, I seem to get distracted, but now I will set aside everything else that needs to be done to tell you about my wonderful time with my sweet friend!
Chelsea came to visit us the week after my parents left. Other than the few couple of hours I saw her during our trip through Texas in June, I believe the last time I really spent time with her was before our wedding. Let me just say that was way too long!
During her week here, we went on a tour of a historical mansion here in Clarksville (properly called the Smith mansion), talked, watched great movies, walked some beautiful trails, played with Miss Abi, talked, taught children's church on Wednesday night, talked some more, went hiking at the local caves, talked even more, and just had an overall great week together!
Chelsea is such a wonderful friend and I am so blessed to have her as a part of my life! She is so dear to my life, and I am incredibly blessed to know her! I miss her greatly and can't wait until we get to see each other again!!
Here are a couple of pictures from her time here:
This picture was taken at the airport right before Chelsea left for Texas. We realized that we had not taken one picture together all week...

This is upstairs in the Smith mansion. I thought it was neat to learn what life was like 200 years ago. No indoor bathrooms, detached kitchen, and slave quarters were all a part of their everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment