Sunday, July 3, 2011

When God created my Toes

"When God created My Toes" is a cute children's book that reinforces God created every aspect of our bodies, from our head, to our hands, to our feet. To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the illustrations. One the left side of the page is a children's drawing that correlates with the phrase "when God created my ____" and the right side is a professional illustration. Personally, I thought some of the professional illustrations had people with scary faces. They were not the most appealing. I also thought that the child's version of the pictures were random and didn't really go with the book.
As for the actual text, I didn't think it flowed very well. When I was reading this book allowed to my daughter, I often had to stop and reread what I had just read in order to make it make sense. Overall, I have had and read better Christian children's books. Although this book was well intentioned and a great idea, I don't think it met its full potential. All in all, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this book to a parents for their children. Its ok, but not the best I've ever read.
I received this book from Waterbrook Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment