Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Awesome DVD series!

When I requested to review Desiring God, I believed that I would be receiving the text, but was pleasantly surprised when I received a 10 series instead. My husband and I both love it! My husband has read the book, I have not, but I have not had any difficultly at all understanding the concepts given by John Piper, the main point being "that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him." This DVD does not have to be used along side the book "Desiring God," although I do believe it would be beneficial and that the reader would attain additional knowledge.

I believe that this DVD was recorded during a seminar given by John Piper. It is split into 10 manageable segments, typically no longer than 25 minutes. This would be an excellent resource for any small group going through this text, as well as the individual who would like a little more insight. I am a more visual person, and therefore seeing and hearing John Piper was probably the best way for me to understand this concept. I encourage you to look into this DVD series if you are reading the book or if you simply want more information about how to glorify God in your daily life!

No comments:

Post a Comment