Monday, April 2, 2012

True Beauty

"Fierce Beauty" is a wonderful reminder for women that true beauty is not how you look, but rather how you live. All females long and desire to be beautiful, and I remember several years ago having a conversation with my then fiance, now husband, about what it means to be beautiful. During the converation I was so confused when he kept telling me I had a beautiful heart. I wanted to be physically beautiful, forget the heart stuff. I know see I couldn't have been father from the truth about how our Heavenly Father looks at us. Today, women are constantly bombarded by our culture and the media that beauty is defined by how clear your skin is, how few wrinkles you have, how thin you appear to be, how toned you arms are, and I could go on and on. This is looking at the outward appearance, but scripture tells us "that man looks at the external, but the Lord looks at the heart."
Kim's book nails it on the head with her book and illustrations showing us what it really means to be beautiful. Her short stories make it an easy, fun read and I would recommend it to women of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment