Thursday, September 29, 2011

Great Couple's Devotional

My husband & I have tried the several couple's devotionals, and without fail, we get through 5 or 6 lessons and then we end up tossing the book aside. Most of the time, the devotionals cater more towards the women's needs , which makes it hard for my husband to become engaged. None the less, we read Love & Respect when we were engaged about 2 years ago and loved it, so when we heard that Eggrich was coming out with a couple's devotional, we were stoked. We have really enjoyed this book together.
First of all, this devotional comes bound in a beautiful leather, making it ideal to give as a gift (I think it would be a great wedding gift.) There are 52 lessons for the couple to go through, and while the author says that he intends for the couple to go through them at their own pace, it is ideal for some couples to go through one devotional a week for a year. There is a small section about love and respect, followed by an action and prayer. All in all, this devotional should take couples anywhere from 15-30 minutes to complete each time.
My husband was particularly drawn to this book, as it is guy friendly. I am confident we will actually finish this devotional together! I recommend this book to couples looking for a boost in their marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment