Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Awesome Board Book!

With a little 7 month all over the place, I am always looking for great board books. These are great for her, especially since she wants to put EVERYTHING into her mouth. With board books, all I have to do is clean them off with a wipe, and we go on our merry way. Problem is though, there aren't too many quality Christian board books out there.
I was thrilled when I discovered "God Gave Us You" came in a board back form. We have all of the "God Gave Us..." books by Lisa Bergren, but since my daughter is so little, I don't like giving paper books to her since I know it will just get eaten.
This book is about a little cub who learns that he was a gift from God. Mama bear goes into detail telling the cub all that she and Papa bear did preparing for little cubs arrival. At the end of each page she says, "Yes, my special child. God gave us you." I always want my children to know that and be reminded of the fact that they are a special gift from God. My daughter and I have already read this several times. Even though she is only 7 months old, I don't think I could tell her enough.
I would highly, highly recommend this book to all parents of young children or expectant parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment